Thursday, October 16, 2008

Who else but ME?


Pictures: Me, myself and I [Long time ago though =) ]

I am Danny Wong San Liang, a 23 year-old Malaysian male student who is currently pursuing an Honours degree in Chemistry at the National University of Singapore. Having a background in Chemistry enables me to develop good analytical and critical thinking skills that can be integrated into many aspects of life including in my future workplace. I am a disciplined, principled, determined and organized individual who constantly seeks self-improvement. I firmly believe in lifelong learning as this constant upgrading of personal knowledge, job skills and transferable skills allows me to compete effectively in the fast-changing world. Besides that, I believe that good communication and leadership skills are vital to a person's overall growth and I actively participate in the Toastmaster Club to improve these skills. Being an avid traveller, I am also interested in exploring new countries and making new friends. My ambition? To become a successful entrepreneur that focus not only on profits but also on environment sustainability issues. I am certain that with my personal traits, communication and leadership qualities, I will be able to realise my ambition of becoming a successful entrepreneur and thus, achieving financial independence in the near future.

9 comments:

Sharon said...

Big plans you have--but it's always good to aim high! "Reach for the stars" Good luck!

And yes, I think over time lifelong learning has become a necessary part of life (especially working life) instead of an optional part of life. Luckily, it is also a way to keep brain rot (also known as neurodegeneration) at bay!

Baoqing said...

Hi Danny,
This is a very good biodata, being very concise, complete and coherent. i guess i have to borrow some descriptive terms from you if you dont mind :)
I did not quite know what a biodata was befor i checked with the internet. The way you present yourself is very clear and thorough. But i guess a little more about your past experience to illustrate your self-description will make it more convincing. dont you think so?

tom said...

Very nice post Danny. From your biodata, i can tell that you are a goal orientated person with high hopes for your life. Hope you can achieve your goals in the near future yah!

Oh btw, your last sentence seems abit abrupt to me. I think you want to summarise everything up but i felt the flow from your second last sentence to the last one did not connect well.

YILIN said...

Very comprehensive biodata that allows the reader to gauge your personality. However, I do agree with Thomas that the last sentence seem a tad abrupt. Perhaps you could highlight some of the desired traits required of a entrepreneur and link these to what you already possess?

sea ming said...

Hi Danny

I feel like I am reading a texbook biodata. Very coherent and complete. You have included relevant details from your interest to your future goals. Thanks for giving us a good example!

Danny Wong said...

Hey everyone,

First of all, I would like to thank all of you for your valuable and constructive comments on my biodata.

To Sharon:
Thanks for your compliment and your wishes. I agree with you that lifelong learning is no longer an option but have become a necessary part of life as long as we want to keep up with the fast-changing world. I believe that Singapore government have been stressing quite a lot on lifelong learning as to enable its citizens to stay competitive on the market.

To Baoqing,
Thanks for your compliment and suggestions as well.

To Thomas and Yilin,
I realised the disconnection between the second last and last sentences. Thanks for highlighting that point in your comments. I have altered my biodata and hopefully, it will flow more smoothly till the last sentence.

To Seaming,
Thanks for your compliment. I appreciated it. I dare not say that my biodata is of a good example. There are certainly flaws in it as well. I think Thomas have done a pretty good job on his biodata. Sharon have a pretty "fresh" approach on her biodata.

Cheers.

Huiling said...

Hey Danny,
I'm glad that you are one who constantly seeks self-inprovement!I believe that in order to make any kinds of improvements, be it on our life or on personality traits, being self-aware is an important factor. By the way, what's Toastmaster Club? Pardon me for my ignorance. Haha. =)

Danny Wong said...

Hey Hui Ling,

Toastmaster Club is a club where you can improve your communication and leadership skills through oral presentations and role taking. You can check more about toastmaster at http://www.toastmasters.org/Default.aspx

Cheers.

Brad Blackstone said...

Great bio, Danny, one that offers clear insights into who you are and into who you want to become.

Best of luck in your endeavors!